POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My colour is blue : Re: My colour is blue Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My colour is blue
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Nov 2008 09:08:38
Message: <490f05e6@news.povray.org>
>> Yeah. Like somebody said "each turn you lay down a card and then the
>> other person does"... and sure, that's "essentially" how you play it...
>
> More accuratly, each turn you tap your lands, play some creatures (to
> block or attack) and cast some spells

Indeed. But looking at the Official rules... well let me put it this
way. If you need to actually include a flowchart just to explain what
the rules are, the rules are too complicated. :-P

>>  Jesus, does anybody actually *play* this game?! o_O
>
> Lots. There are lots of tournaments every year all over the world.
>
> You think it would still be around and still getting additions, new
> chapters and the like if no one played it?

Logically, I guess not. But on the other hand, the game seems too
absurdly complicated to actually play...

(Also... how do you know it's still getting new additions? Oh, wait,
it's Gail. Heh. OK, I rephrase: how would anybody else know that?)

BTW, I attempted to visit the official site shortly after this thread
began. But I figured I'd have to cast some kind of time-travel spell to
get to the part where the site finishes loading. Jesus it was slow! o_O